Hardwood Floor Maintenance
Cleaning your hardwood floors is very easy. Regular cleaning should include sweeping and vacuuming. Every so often you should clean your floor with a professional wood floor cleaner recommended by a flooring professional.
- Never use vinyl or tile cleaner products on wood floors, they can dull your hardwood floor finish or cause a slippery surface
- Use rugs at doorway and high traffic areas to help prevent scratches on your hardwood floors.
- Never wet mop your hardwood floor. Standing water can dull finish, discolor and damage your wood floor.
- Wipe up spills immediately
- Put felt pads under all furniture legs to prevent scratching and scuffing to your hardwood floor.
- When moving heavy furniture, do not slide it on wood floors. It is best to pick up the furniture to move, to prevent scratches.
- For hardwood floors in kitchen, place an area rug at the kitchen sink.
- You can use a humidifier throughout the winter months to minimize gaps and cracks that can appear in your hardwood floor.
Following these simple steps, will ensure that your hardwood floors will stay looking brand new.